Cover up

Family potrait Feb 2006

I notice that some people tend to treat people with tudung differently.. Frankly speaking, I have nothing against women not covering up. I must admit that I, myself, are far from perfect..

Good example was during my visit to Ferragamo Starhill, not only they were unfriendly, their gesture indicates as if I've entered the boutique mistakenly. (I've switched to Ferragamo KLCC for my annual one-branded-shoe-a-year shopping since I'm a regular there). I encountered the same when I was in Gucci's in LaFayette in Paris, but NO, that is different case, I am a foreigner there and in addition most French have this 2nd class treatment towards Asian..

I am currently the only tudung wearer amongst the cousin (both mak & bapak side). You see, where I came from the ladies are long haired, fair, slim figure and up to date dressing (ye ke?).. So when I decided to cover up 8 years ago, I was automatically "dropped" from most of the night outings & hu ha hu ha activity and they, to the extend addressing me as "ustazah".

So you people out there, treat everyone fairly. Irrespective of race, religions, cun or tak cun. Remember that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings

In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL