A story of a loyal employee

2nd June 2009..Mark the 12th year annivesary of my service with the bank. I remember 12 years ago, on my first day of work ..I walk into the department in my innocent look, clad in baju kurung with the wind brushing through my long hair, (phuh! sure an eye-catcher punyer lar, he he..!!!)

It was the moment that I feel like an adult aka someone important because my service will be used by one of the top financial instituition in the country. My first impression when I set my foot in the IT department was "Mak aii!! tak ada sorang pun yg hensem ker? everyone looks like a computer geek" ..and that was the moment a lady stood up and said "wei guys, continue your work, she is enggaged lar.. no longer available"..what a turn off (she told me she recognized that I'm hooked by looking at the ring)

Time passess by..from being the youngest in the dept, I have now become one of the senior (Kak Nana!)..One may ask "Your 12th year? why lar? You need to make a move..there's a lot of PM opening out there with good perks"..

Why 12 years?
a) The bonu$$$ and increment used to be sooooo good (top performer tuh!! ye ke?)
b) ESOS was good, (I bought a house with using the money)
c) I got stuck in the comfort zone
d) everyone knows my name
e) I got pregnant everytime BIG opportunity knocks on my door

On the other hand, imagine this:-
* After many donkey years, the furthest trip ever is to Port Dickson & hechtic support in Kuching during puasa month (even some junior dah pegi states!)
* I still have to face the people that I cannot 'tahan'
* Change is the only constant here

Like my other half was saying "Happy working..someone is going to grow old with the unta"

Comments

JALAN REBUNG said…
salam nana,

yang penting at the end of the day kita happy ...12 years tu ...congrats.
Huslina said…
that's the problem..no longer find happiness here..

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings

In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL