In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL



I am obviously not the best daughter-in-law one could have.

But  I’m the fun one! Hehehe…However, despite my shortcomings, I always held a deep respect for Mama.


Your cooking skills were unparalleled, and I could never match your culinary expertise. But I do try my best to light the stove every now and then, attempting to recreate the flavors you so effortlessly created.


Mama, I will never forget that moment when your medical test results came out. We didn't share them with anyone else. The world seems upside down, and all I could offer was my unwavering support and heartfelt prayers.


It was an incredibly awkward moment when you asked me to bathe you. Little did I know that it would be the last time, as you took your final breath shortly after. I cherish that memory and feel grateful to have been able to care for you in your final moments.


That last look you gave me is etched in my memory. As I informed you that I had to return to the office, unable to stay by your side in your hospital bed, you couldn't speak, but you smiled and waved goodbye. It was our final farewell, and  I was the last family member to see you alive.


I hope that I have left you with nothing but good memories. I choose to remember only your kindness and love. It took me quite some time to gather the strength to write these words. But rest assured, Mama, we still talk about you and keep you in our prayers every single day without fail.


The pain of acknowledging that you have left for a better place is still fresh and overwhelming.


May Allah grant you peace, Mama. 

Al-Fatihah.

12th August 2015.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings