What is there in a NAME?

I loved to be called Huslina, and will use it as my initial wherever I go. Many people addressed me as Nana, as what my family has been calling me since I was little (notice that common name in my family; nonoi, nana, titi, nini etc). Comes marriage many female would put their hubby’s initial as part of their identity i.e Sara Mia, Faizah Shaari (jangan marah). In the end, when our body laid to rest we will be “bin” or “Binti” to our mother i.e Huslina Binti Nasuha..

It becomes a trend nowdays that people love to name their children uniquely, in my family we would came across names like Kasih, Farell, Isaac and the new addition Sofie Isabella. A cousin even name her daughter Sofia Zara Ashzuin (beautiful but mouthful, belum include Binti lagi!).,but they call her Piah, which is not even one third of her own name!

When I gave birth to my third child, my other half adored the name Mikael Hazeem so much and was already broadcast the name to everyone upon the baby’s arrival. (Note that the name Mikael is originate from Mikhail, one of the messenger. Then Hazeem, originally comes from Hazim, which means “resolute”)

There were lot of arguments from our parents on the name especially Mikael being inappropriate as I read in one of the book. I can see hubby’s disappointment upon returning from the Registration Office and unhappily said “dah bagi nama Muhammad Hazim..”.

A name given comes with a doa, a prayer for every parents. Be it Muhammad Haziq, Nazurah and Muhammad Hazim; their presence is truly a blessed and my prayer is for them to also resemble the meaning of their names. To my Nazri, it is not too late for Mikhail (if not Natasha) , insyaAllah.

p/s: My name is the only one in the family without meaning 

Huslina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings

In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL