My raya story


Eid has always been the moment that I look forward to. Simply because of the colours and the family reunion.. (and as usual,I was still stuck at the office the day before raya.. being the only Malay, my body is the only physical evidence of my presence, but my mind & soul was already with the kids)

This year was a totaly different routine for both me and my other half. Father in law is currently bed ridden and can no longer walk to perform the Solat Aidilfitri...Semoga cepat sembuh Abah! To MIL, mama : thank you for taking care of abah patiently.

I just miss those younger days where raya routine is about visiting the elderly.
Where the morning start of with the mandi sunat aidilfitri(which we still practise still today-doubt that the cousins with hairdo perform this...saloon tak bukak pagi2).
Then it'll be solat aidilfitri at the famous masjid keramat,
then visit to rumah nenek Amanah, then visit kubur atuk at Taman Keramat & Ampang,
Then to rumah nenek Ima at lorong kiri 13, I can never forget the orange colour house with spacious land itu..
Then the journey of rombongan rumah ke rumah starts...(penat seh!)

Although the celebration is now difference, we still practise the tradition and shall passed to our next generation, insyaAllah. I would also like to instill to my kids that not everyone are fortunate to celebrate raya like us.. It's about sharing...(I guess they still too little to understand-the abang doesnt want to share duit raya, the sister gave away her duit raya (generous budak ni, mana duit2 dia pegi pun tak tau) and the little brother only wants the angpow packet and throw away the notes *haih*

All in all...it was a short ramadhan, short hari raya..tak puas rasanye. Abang Lan & family pun da balik (enjoy your Europe trip, I still envy the Jungfraujoch & St Moritz trip itu..)

Syukur for the blessings...and just cant wait for the official announcement before I can share the good news with others (Note : ini tiada kena mengena dengan pregnant).


To Muz & Nonoi: congrats for the rumah raya...
To Faiz & Titi: for the kete raya 5 series itu...
To Azura my friend: for the Audi4
To my nephew Iqmal : for the D90 present..best tu!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dapat pergi menunaikan Haji ke Nana?

-intan
JALAN REBUNG said…
salam hari raya untuk nana dan family. semoga kita diberikan kesempatan untuk beraya lagi pada tahun hadapan ....
nxLene said…
watever it is me love u! n congrats for both of u! Allah tu maha adil lagi pemurah....aminnnnnn....thn depan plan? JADIK!! hihihi i xcukup duit u topup kakakakaka

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings

In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL