Another routine, another norms



Life is filled with peculiar beginnings that eventually transform into everyday norms. Take, for instance, the first two decades of my life, where without fail, I would always be by my mother's side during the morning of Hari Raya.

However, as I entered marriage life, things began to change. Despite my parents and in-laws residing just a 15-minute drive away from each other, the impact was significant during the first time. I found myself crying uncontrollably in the surau near my in-laws' place before the Eid prayers on that inaugural Raya morning without Mak.


As time flew by, this absence became a routine. I have slowly adapted to not spending time with mak during Raya mornings, and Mak, too, seemed to have forgotten what it felt like to have me by her side. I am grateful that Mak has others to accompany her to the mosque, such as my sister-in-law and nieces.


I am thankful that I still have the opportunity to join the annual Raya visit routine with the Hosnih clan. However, the visiting group has gradually become smaller. First, it was without my siblings when it was their spouses' turn, and then Nonoi and Titi. Puberty tore us apart. This year, the group is without them, and I miss having them around during Raya.


Marriage life has us made prioritize things differently. We are now have additional roles and responsibilities towards our new stakeholders…spouses and in-laws. 


I am writing this because there might be a change to my routine again next year, and this time, I embrace it positively before it becomes another norm. Whatever the new routine may be, my greatest wish is for all the people I love to be with me. Aren't we all truly blessed? Thank you, Almighty, for having me on this wonderful journey called life.


To Nonoi and Titi, as we take on additional roles as wives, daughters-in-law, and mothers, and as we mostly celebrate the festive season and outings with our spouses and in-laws, let's remind each other, especially me, being the only girl, to never neglect our duty as daughters. I truly miss spending time with you two crazy cousins. Please always keep me in your prayers. 

Comments

nxLene said…
cuzzy!!! me love u long time!!! how can i forget those memories???!!! me missing it too!!! sedey tau raya without mama, baba, sister bro, cousins, aunt uncle + lontong etc etc!!!!! but wht i miss sooo much is to go solat raya with arwah nenek :( missing her badly uuuwwwaaaaaaaa
Huslina said…
*double sebak* hugss konoi!!!!...
JALAN REBUNG said…
salam nana,

baru perasan yg nana dah update blog nana, keep it up dan selamat hari raya maaf zahir dan batin

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings

In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL