Test? what test?



I notice that I am posting more than I used to. I think I write more when I’m stressed. I am stressed over this one new server!!!! My team and I has been struggling over a server that does not perform as it is supposed to be..this particular machine also has causes us to come over the weekend, stayed back late, being questioned & pizza for dinner with the mat salleh bosses;

I seriously need another maternity leave!

Call engineers? sudah,
hardware diagnostic, done
change the NIC card? noted
bare the box strip naked, leaving only the OS and my calculator application,
took out the security & OS hardening, checked!
simulate the patches,
buat ghost,
cloning (clowning?),
perform millions of testing,
but still end up in despair…..waaaaaa....!

It has been a month now..and the interim replacement box which is just a mr humble low end hardware is able to process the application on average of 0.0001 seconds!

Morale of the story…

Just because you are driving a bimmer, don’t ever think that the Waja is incapable to overtake you..muaha haaa…..

p/s: mr hubby, jgn terasa aaaa.., itu saya punya waja 2 kali tengok ada iras2 Evo tau.

Pix: Spot the cutest team leader. hint! hint!

Comments

Shahrul Ghani said…
Gosh! Servers are very temperamental creatures kan? I used to have massive headache and sleepless nights when it comes to system downtime, crash, etc. I'm sure glad that I jumped out of that boat ;-)

Heheh, who's the cutest? I dunno, but I think if you look in the mirror, you'll get the answer kot? *grind*
Shahrul Ghani said…
Yeah, server are very temperamental 'creatures'. I remember those days when I had to endure sleepless nights and major headache troubleshooting them. Luckily I got out of 'that' ship a few years back ;-)
Shahrul Ghani said…
opps, sorry for the double post. I tot' the first one did not go through ;-)
Huslina said…
leceh kan when the servers are officially become our babies..? Kalau seekor tak per la but there are loads of them...

BTW En Shahrul,I luv reading ur wifey's blog. Memang very entertaining esp when she address u as 'lelaki ini'.
--iffil-- said…
Cik Huslina, you lah paling cun dalam gambar tu.

Popular posts from this blog

T@lentcorp-mari pulang ke Malaysia saudara, saudari

Celebrating Achievements at 50: A Journey of Resilience, Self-Care, and Countless Blessings

In Loving Memory of Mama.. a cool garang MIL